This term we are looking at stories with a familiar setting and as our topic is Paws, Claws and Whiskers we chose a book with a familiar setting all about animals...
Here are some really fun ideas about Dear Zoo you could try at home:
- design your own zoo
- write a letter to a zoo asking for a pet
- draw some animals you would see in the zoo
- draw animals and label their body parts
- write a description about animals
- write sentences about your favourite animal and why it is your favourite
- write the story of Dear Zoo but change the animals
- come up with your own adjectives to describe the animals in the story
- write a story about one of the animals and what they get up to
- write about what animal would you choose to be your pet and why you chose that one
- create a map of a zoo
And any of your own ideas about animals welcome!