Our topic this term is The World Around Us.
We are learning to…
- Use phonic knowledge to write words in ways that match spoken sound
- Write some common irregular words. Write simple sentences which can be read
- Read and understand simple sentences. Use phonic knowledge to decode regular words
- Count reliably with numbers from 0-20. Use quantities and objects to add and subtract
- Listen attentively in a range of situations. Listen to stories, accurately anticipating key events. Give their attention to what others say and respond appropriately.
- Make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about change.